Trampolines For Kids
Trampolines are not only a lot of fun, but a great way to get your little ones to use up some energy instead of chasing after them! You might be a concerned with safety however, and if your kiddo can handle it. When it comes to choosing the right trampoline for your toddler, I’ve got a few things for you to consider so you can pick the best option for both safety and fun.
- 1 Top 5 Trampolines For Toddlers
- 1.1 Our list of Mini trampolines and Small trampolines
- 1.2 Little Gym Best Selling Kids Toddler 7-Foot Gym Activity Trampoline
- 1.3 Little Tykes 7’ Trampoline Durable Pad Protectors For Safety
- 1.4 Jump Power 88” Hexagon ASTM Safety Approved Kids Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline
- 1.5 SkyBound Super 7 The Perfect Kid’s Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline, 84”
- 1.6 Sportspower Trampoline Bounce Perfect for Kids ages 3-10 ‘Bounce Pro 7’
Top 5 Trampolines For Toddlers
There are quite a few options to think about for toddler trampolines if you want to get the right one for your kid, but I’ve taken a look at the top 5 to help you out. Any one of these would be a great option depending on which one you like best!
Our list of Mini trampolines and Small trampolines
This popular trampoline from Little Gym clocks in at 7 feet, making it perfect for kids to jump around in. The entire body is made from blow-molded plastic with a rounded surface, including rounded edges, covered springs, and a safety enclosure net so you can be sure everyone stays safe. All of the high-quality covers and protectors are perfect for toddlers, since they’re specifically meant to prevent any sort of injury even if you don’t have your eyes on them every second they’re bouncing. There’s even an included bag for hanging shoes for your kids to use while they bounce, making it a lot easier for you to get them to remember to deposit their shoes, and saving the surface of the trampoline at the same time!
For your sake, this Little Gym trampoline is easy to assemble, and durable too thanks to the plastic and steel the frame it’s made out of. The safety netting is even made from PE netting, so you can be sure it stays strong and keeps your kids inside the trampoline while they bounce. It may only be suitable for one child, but it’s a great way for kids to relax after school or use up some energy.
The entire trampoline can stay outside and out of your way, and can be used for kids of all ages. This means that as your toddler grows up, they can still use this trampoline safely and with lots of room to spare! All you have to do is put the supporting poles in and roll the 105-pound trampoline to wherever you want it to be. For more active kids and a great time outside, this is definitely a trampoline you may want to consider.
- You can leave it outside, so you don’t need to worry about storing it when it rains or worrying about the space it’ll need to fit in
- It’s small enough to fit in almost any backyard, while being large enough for your kids to bounce
- The netting is strong, and prevents kids from tumbling out accidentally when they start trying more jumps and tricks
- The padding is perfect for toddlers, as it covers any piece of the trampoline that may cause injury
- Parents love that they don’t need to keep a constant eye on their kids when they’re bouncing thanks to the safety features
- The price range can be a little high for some buyers, especially if you want to buy a larger version when your kids get older
- Multiple kids cannot use this trampoline safely at once
- It may be a bit small if you have older kids that want to use it, and will not support teenagers as your children age.
Pick up the Little Tykes trampoline for your children for a safe and enjoyable time outdoors. The durable and high-quality pad protectors cover the safety springs so you can be assured of your child’s complete safety. With a shoe holder that comes attached, your kids will remember to take off their shoes and save the surface of the trampoline so it can last even longer! The jumping area measures 21.65 square feet for your kids, so even though it only fits one child, your kiddo can still have lots of fun bouncing around. As long as your child is below 100 pounds, they can continue to use the trampoline safely no matter if they’re age three or age ten. Those steel poles are certainly strong enough, and run all the way through to the bottom of the frame.
Whether your kids want to have a play date, some fun at a party, or you just want them to use up a little energy during the day, this trampoline is the perfect option. That’s because the large surface area provides your kids with extra jumping power and a sturdy surface to jump on. It allows for just the right amount of movement, while the netting on the sides is secure and thick enough to keep everyone safe. That frame will be sure to keep your child completely protected if they happen to jump a little high. This trampoline is great as a first trampoline for your kids, and might just be the perfect one for you when you need your kids to relax a bit!
The hexagonal shape not only provides lot of surface area, but allows you to roll and move the trampoline with ease to wherever you need it to be. Use this trampoline either inside or outside, since it’s both durable and has the proper safety for inside use too. With the included pad protectors, strong steel poles, and reinforcing frame, your child will be safe no matter where they are, and will be able to use those springs for some great bouncing.
- This trampoline is durable enough for you to use it outside and leave it outside, but also small enough to fit inside if you’d like
- The padding ensures that kids are kept safe and protected no matter where they bounce
- It’s a light enough trampoline for you to transport and put together with ease
- People love the tension in the springs, providing their kids with more jumping power
- The net surrounding it is strong enough to protect your kids from falling, and to keep your house looking great if it’s used inside
- Some people might want something a little bigger to fit kids as they get older
- Teenagers or heavier kids cannot jump on this trampoline safely as they age
This trampoline by Jump Power is made to be heavy duty to withstand both the elements outside and your bouncy kiddo as they use it throughout the years. The sturdy frame is made of galvanized steel with blow-molded plastic legs on the outside to provide your child with complete safety when they bounce around. There are even safety pads set around that cover up the springs for that extra ounce of added protection. For every pad, that’s less you have to worry about your child when they’re bouncing around without your eyes on them. That means more peace of mind for you when your kiddo’s having fun! You know this trampoline is made for kids though, with its dinosaur print design, and can grow with your kid as they age. Start your toddler on this trampoline when they’re as young as 36 months, and watch as they get more adventurous over the years! When they reach age 9, it might be time for a new one, but you’ll get years of enjoyment out of this strong trampoline.
With steel springs like these, as soon as your child starts experimenting more with jumping, they’ll be able to get the height they want for a great time either indoors or outdoors. If you do use it outdoors though, you can be sure it’ll last thanks to the UV resistant materials it’s made from.
The hexagon shape is perfect for a few more jumps, and adds to the stability of the trampoline as well. With a weight that clocks in at 89 pounds, you’ll be able to move this trampoline more easily around your yard. As soon as you’ve got it set up, your kids will receive hours of exercise and fun too, with a trampoline that’s been completely vetted for safety and approved by the Safety Council for America just for your little ones. Start off your kids with a trampoline that’s made just for them with this perfect starter trampoline!
- The price point of this trampoline is great, especially if you’re considering a larger one for when your kids get older
- This trampoline specifically is very easy to assemble, and remains sturdy even if you do allow more than one child on it
- Perfect for indoor use, since it is small enough to fit in most rooms, and easy enough to roll around to move
- If you do have any problems, people love how helpful the customer service has been
- Toddlers absolutely love this trampoline, and can run around safely until they move on to jumps
- All the safety features are guaranteed to keep your child bouncing safely no matter how high up they get
- Teenagers cannot use this trampoline safely due to the weight
- The design may be slightly juvenile for older kids
The SkyBound trampoline may be for kids, but it might feel that it’s made just for you when you take it out of the box with how easy the setup is. The entire trampoline has yellow zinc plated springs with a jumping mat that allows for some extra height, along with high quality mesh netting to keep your kids from falling out accidentally. Of course, there’s also lots of padding along the steel tube frames to prevent any sort of injuries. As long as your child is below the weight limit of 110, they’ll be able to bounce without a problem, no matter what age! This trampoline is made with a one-piece mat-and-pad design to keep kids safe when they jump, with an octagonal steel frame for more surface area to move around in. Make use of the spring pull tool for easy assembly, and a dual zipper system along the net enclosure so it won’t shift. All of the safety standards of the ASTM are completely met or exceeded with this trampoline, so there’s no need for you to worry even as your kids start to get a little rowdy. Three to ten year old’s can use this safely, especially thanks to the extra thick padding to catch them when they fall.
Your kids will get hours of fun from this trampoline, as well as some great exercise whether they’re indoors or outdoors. If the weather happens to be bad one day, take it inside! The net protects your home from getting smashed accidentally, while the bright colorful leg shells prevent damage to any type of flooring. Whether you set it down on carpet or hardwood, you can be sure that both your kids and your home will be safe until your kids tire out. The octagonal shape even makes it easy to transport, saving you some effort when it’s time to go back outdoors. If you do have any problems however, make use of the 2-year warranty that you’re given so you can purchase with a safety net as well!
- Great price point, making this a perfect starter trampoline before you invest in something larger and more expensive
- The instructions are easy to read and the trampoline itself is easy to assemble
- Everything is very durable, to the extent that multiple younger kids can bounce on it safely without any injuries
- Even adults can jump safely despite the weight limit, so you know your kids will be perfectly fine
- If you do happen to have any problems at all, customer service is excellent
- It does not hold up very well outdoors after years of use, and may need replacement parts
- If you do plan on using it indoors, you may need to buy extra pads to prevent the bottom from slipping around
- People actually find the metal bars are greasy upon arrival
Sportspower is a great company for trampolines, providing you with everything you need to assemble your trampoline quickly without fumbling or dealing with too many complications. This trampoline is made both with kids and parents in mind, so you can have some peace of mind while your kids jump around on a durable surface. There are no lightweight easy to break elastic bands here, with a safety enclosure for even better bouncing. Use this trampoline for years thanks to the galvanized steel frame, which won’t rust even if you happen to leave it outdoors. This means that no matter how hard your kids jump around, you don’t need to worry about the steel bending or breaking under pressure. This trampoline is perfect for kids who are still growing too, since it can be used from the ages of three to ten. As your kids get heavier, they can bounce around without getting hurt and without you worrying either, especially since the net extends up to seven feet to give your kids a little height.
When it comes to your assembly process, there’s no need to worry about that either. Get your little ones to help pass you pieces to put this together in under and hour so they can start jumping! Whether you use it inside or outside, your kids will be safe and protected, along with the rest of your house. This trampoline is meant to last for years no matter how you use it, and comes at just the right price to start your kids off before you try something just a little bigger.
- The price range is perfect as a starter trampoline, providing you with a trampoline that will last for years before you need something larger
- Assembly is incredibly easy, and can even be done by an expert if you have the cash and don’t want to do it yourself
- Even heavier kids or multiple kids can bounce around without getting hurt thanks to the steel frame and durable netting
- The durability is amazing, especially since this isn’t a tiny trampoline; it really will withstand a couple of kids or a few years
- Kids are kept safe with both the netting and the padding there to give you peace of mind
- This is a little small if you plan on using it for larger kids, or many kids at once
- People are concerned about the materials that make up this trampoline, and whether any are toxic
- If you do want an installation done for you, the price is quite high for the help
Choosing the Right Trampoline For Your Child and Toddler
To choose the right trampoline for your toddler, there are a few things to go over. Some factors are simple, like how much backyard space you have, but some might need a little more thought. For the complete list, let’s take a look.
Is it worth it?
Remember that children grow fast, so a mini trampoline may not be worth it. If you think your kids will still want to jump when they’re heavier than 25 kg, something larger may be your best bet. On the other hand, mini trampolines are great when it comes to keeping your kids from jumping on the bed!
How long do they last?
When you get a toddler trampoline, you’ll only be able to keep it for a short amount of time. These trampolines are designed with a short lifespan, and aren’t meant to stay out in the sun. Good trampolines are meant to last for 10-15 years if you want your kids to keep jumping.
Even if you don’t get a toddler trampoline, don’t get a trampoline that’s too large either. Kids won’t be able to get as nice of a bounce, and will tire a lot more quickly with a larger trampoline. In terms of size, also be sure your backyard can accommodate something larger, since kids tend to grow out of the 8ft and 10ft fairly quickly.
Of course, smaller trampolines aren’t a problem for your kids when they’re young, and let you see if they really enjoy it before investing in something larger. Even if they are young and you pick a 13-16ft, kids will have a great time running around on it until they’re old enough to become more adventurous.
Boys or Girls?
In general, boys like running around on the trampoline and wrestling when they’re younger, but may prefer something rectangular when they grow into teenagers. This will let them jump higher and incorporate more maneuvers. Girls however like gymnastics routines and usually like to flip from corner to corner. They like the rectangular trampolines as well since they can go from place to place with less effort.
If you have both boys and girls then, think about who is more likely to use the trampoline in the future, and who will need space over height. Be sure you have enough space for more than one person too if that’s something you need to think about!
If you do have multiple kids you’d like to see bouncing around, try to get something 12ft large. This is because larger trampolines have a little more space so kids won’t crash into one another when you can’t watch them completely. To learn more about safety for kids on trampolines I encourage you read this article.
It can be difficult to find the perfect trampoline for your little one, especially since kids grow so fast and you don’t want to buy something they’ll outgrow in only a year! Luckily, any one of these trampolines are made to last, including padding and netting to keep kids safe no matter what age they are. Now all you have to do is pick out the one that’ll work best in your space, regardless of where you decide to put it.