Nothing quite says 'summer fun' than having a trampoline in your backyard, and it's a great way for the whole family to cut loose and practice those gymnastic skills. The trouble is, choosing the right trampoline can be a bit challenging, especially when you're not really sure what to look for. Trampolines have a variety of features that can really enhance the whole experience, and there are a number of variables that you should consider before making the purchase.
- 1 Best Trampolines for sale
- 1.1 Our favourite trampoline with enclosure
- 1.2 Our recommended trampoline with basketball hoop
Best Trampolines for sale
This AlleyOOP trampoline is made with high density polyethylene, and is manufactured using the innovative shock absorbing DoubleBounce system, which is less taxing on the body while providing more elasticity at the same time. It’s 113 square feet in diameter, and has a weight capacity of up to 800lbs. It features a sturdy net enclosure with an accessible but safe entryway, and the frame is made from pre-galvanised 1.9” steel for extra durability and safety. It also comes with an AirShock Safety Technology feature to help reduce the falling risks associated with having multiple kids bouncing on the trampoline at the same time.
The trampoline also has longer and more springs than your usual 14ft contraption, which makes the bouncing higher. You can adjust it over time to suit your family's preferences, using the Adjustable Bounce Performance feature. The bodily effect of the springs is reduced by the double mat design, and you can rotate the mats to prolong its durability as well. This trampoline can obviously fit more than one kid at a time, and is perfect for having 'trampoline parties' at your backyard, while Olympic gymnasts can easily use this gym quality trampoline to practice their skills.
- The double mat system makes it more comfortable and durable
- More springs means superior bouncing action
- It's very sturdy and long lasting
- The safety net is very durable and comfortably cushions the impact of a fall
- It has impressive safety feature like AirShock Safety Technology, durable steel frame and a net enclosure
- Can handle a combined weight of over 800lbs, which means everyone can get in at the same time
- Has 113 square feet of bouncing space to practice gymnastics moves
- Lifetime guarantee
- Great customer service
- The assembly could use some improvement as well as the instructions that come with it
- It's a bit pricey but well worth the money
The Vuly Thunder Trampoline is made with a durable steel frame that is joined with e-coated steel joints, eliminating the need for rust-prone nuts and bolts like welds. It's 12.5ft in diameter and has a weight carrying capacity of 330lb. The safety net enclosure is made from a durable but gentle Silk Terylene material, which helps to keep little hands and feet from sticking out thanks to smaller gaps. The high-quality enclosure is also UV-rated, feels gentle on the skin and is sewn directly onto the frame for safety and flexibility.
The trampoline comes with durable Leaf Springs, that are commonly utilised in making heavy truck suspension systems. These make for an effortless bouncing motion that takes the jumper to fantastical heights, while leaving very little strain on the body. All in all, this is a super durable trampoline that can provide hours of safe fun for the whole family. The package comes with the trampoline set components as well as an easy to understand instructional manual.
- It's suitable for kids of all ages, and small children can enjoy uninterrupted fun without worrying about getting caught in the enclosure, as the net is made from a super fine Silk Terylene material
- Unique and cool looking bird nest design
- It's great fun for groups of small children and adults alike, and the safety features means that you won't have to deal with injuries and scratches
- The Lead Spring technology accommodates a range of bouncing activities, including extremely high jumps, which are protected by the tall enclosure
- The safety net is aptly named 'Goldilocks', after its impressive combination of softness and shock absorption ability
- It's resistant to rust, cracks and scratches
- Impressive customer service, Vuly really stands behind their product
- The e-coated steel joints do get rusted when exposed to rainy conditions for prolonged periods of time
- The assembly does take longer than advertised, and requires more than one person
Our favourite trampoline with enclosure
The Magic Circle trampoline is an integrated system where each part comes already connected to the other. For example, the net enclosure is sewn onto the mat, an innovation which eliminates openings where small children might get caught, and the enclosure moves seamlessly with the mat. This reduces the risk of injuries and allows the enclosure to move along with the whole structure. It's 9 x 14 ft and has a weight capacity of a whopping 450 lbs, making it ideal for carrying several jumpers at once.
The trampoline structure is made from the same heavy duty, UV-protected material as the mat, with a pliable strength of 350 lbs per square inch. It comes packaged in three lightweight parts that are portable and easy to handle, and the setup is really quick and simple. Basically with this super safe and durable trampoline, your house will be THE hotspot for play dates all summer.
- Safe landings are guaranteed thanks to the sewn-in enclosure, which also eliminates gaps where small children might fall through, avoiding the occurrence of serious injuries
- The trampoline moves as one integrated system, making it easy to absorb shock while maintaining stability
- Requires very little maintenance
- It comes with a weight capacity of 450 lbs to carry several jumpers of different ages at the same time
- The entire structure is made with a UV-coated material which helps to retain its color and lustre over time
- It's great for outdoor use and doesn't decay as fast as most other trampolines
- Setup is quick and easy
- There was no tool to help with the springs during setup, which would've helped to lessen the assembly time overall from 45 to 30 minutes
- Shipping facilities could use some improvement here and there
Our recommended trampoline with basketball hoop
Your family can now enjoy hours of basketball fun on this high-performing trampoline. The set comes with a Backboard, a 5” inflatable basketball and a cushioned hoop with heavy-duty ProFlex hardware. This includes 4 ProFlex springs which are situated on the part of the Backboard where the hoops get mounted.
Other features of the trampoline include a patented Stagedbounce Technology that makes for safer landings while providing a more effortless bounce. The frame is made from pre-galvanised steel that's been coated in a stylish rich dark blue color, which protects it from decaying over time. In fact, judging from the quality of the materials and the coating, this trampoline can easily last you several years with very little maintenance. The safety enclosure is internally mounted, which makes for quick installation, better shock absorption and protection from fall-off accidents and injuries.
The core of the mat is made with gym-quality EPE foam, with a durably thick 1” width. Apart from basketball, this trampoline provides the perfect structure for kids to keep active and practice other sports like skiing, cheerleading and snow/wake boarding.
It comes in different sizes of 10 ft, 12 ft and 14 ft, and has a weight capacity of 500 lbs, so every member of your entire family can enjoy hours of fun on this without a problem. You can use this trampoline everyday and it won't let you down, as it's able to withstand heavy use without deteriorating in quality.
- Speedy setup and installation takes 30 minutes tops
- The internally mounted safety enclosure makes for peace of mind with its impressive shock absorption capacity to prevent fall-off accidents
- Superior bounce performance
- The rich dark blue coating on the frame gives it an upscale look that’s sure to look very chic on your backyard
- Pre-galvanised frame makes this a very durable piece of equipment that can handle a very robust game of trampoline basketball with multiple players
- The outer coating protects the structure from deterioration, and it requires very little maintenance over time
- The doorway on the safety net is clearly marked and easy to remember
- Has a weight capacity of up to 500lbs!
- Very good customer support
- 15 year warranty on the frame, 5 years on the springs and jumping mat, 3 years on the stitching and 2 years on the safety enclosure net
- It's a bit on the pricey side, but hey, you get what you pay for
- The company's shipping facilities can use some improvements, some reviewers commented that its delivery was slow and inefficient
The Upper Bounce Trampoline comes with a galvanised steel frame which is coated with premium quality powder to avoid rusting over time. On top of the steel frame is a shock absorbent safety pad made from thick mildew and water resistant 1”foam EPE. The springs are covered with a Premium Thick Foam Safety Pad with double rubber ties for extended functionality and durability.
Its Easy Assemble feature means that the setup on this is straightforward and quick, allowing you to start enjoying the trampoline soon after receiving it. It's just as easy to take it apart, starting with the welded joints where the enclosure poles are inserted for safety. The galvanised springs provide excellent bouncing action for hours at a time and they're guaranteed to last longer as they're rust resistant and weather-proof. The trampoline also comes with sleeve covers that help to protect the surround posts from deteriorating, keeping your trampoline looking good as new for years to come.
This trampoline comes with some amazing safety features that are sure to give mothers peace of mind knowing that their kids are enjoying safe play. Some of these features include the push buttons on the surround posts, which help to secure them tightly to the trampoline. Then there's the W-shaped legs which help it to stay in place while carrying a weight capacity of up to 330lbs.
The enclosure net itself is made from a high quality Terylene mesh material that serves as a protective buffer to help avoid nasty falls and has minimal gaps. You can also rest assured that the safety net won't come out of place at a critical moment, as it’s connected to poles with C-shaped hooks to prevent it moving around or sliding out of the poles. Plus the edges on the enclosure are further strengthened with double material to prolong its lifespan. The trampoline components come with a screwdriver, a T-hook spring tool and an instruction manual.
- The powder coating on the legs and the steel frame prevents the components from rusting, which prolongs the aesthetic beauty and quality of the trampoline
- Easy Assemble feature for quick installation makes it easy to install and take apart the trampoline, especially when you want to store it for the winter
- The 8 row stitching on the heavy duty polypropylene mats is very effective at preventing tears and damage to prolong its lifespan
- These come in a range of sizes from 7.5 to 16 ft, and can handle up to 330 lbs of weight, which means fun for the whole family
- High quality springs are rust resistant and can withstand harsh winters without deteriorating in quality or performance
- The steel frame is covered with heavy duty padding just in case jumpers bump onto the frame or the poles
- The company's shipping facilities can use some improvement
- The clips which connect the net to the pole tend to break easily
- One year warranty
Choosing the Right Trampoline
View this video to get the top tips for safety
If you would like to read more about Trampoline safety I suggest you read this.
Size is a very important feature when it comes to trampolines. You have to figure out what size will suit your needs and your budget before you make the purchase. There are small 6 ft trampolines that can fit only one person, while bigger ones between 12 and 17 ft offer twice the fun, with the space to fit two or more people. Generally speaking, trampolines come in sizes that range from 6ft to 17 ft in diameter.
Believe it or not, trampolines come in different shapes too. Some are round, some square, some oval and other rectangular. Each shape also comes in different sizes and has its own benefits.
For example, smaller rectangular trampolines of 8 by10 ft, are easy to move around and are ideal for a smaller outdoor space. The next size up is 8 by 12 feet, and this option has more bounce than the circular version due to its shape. Plus you can fit two small children on this, or one grown adult.
If you're a pro gymnast, then you should go for the 9 by 12 ft rectangular trampolines, which can easily accommodate two people without compromising on the quality of the experience. For even more room to practice your skills, there's the 10 x 17 ft trampoline, which is ideal for getting ready for professional competitions. Both options are great for doing flips and tumbles, as they have the right amount of bounce and space for both.
Safety is another important component to consider because you don't want any accidents to occur while your children are enjoying some bouncing fun. Round trampolines are usually considered the safest because they create lower jumps than their rectangular or square counterparts. You should also check to make sure that the frame of the trampoline is made from a durable material with a smooth finish so that it doesn't break.
You want the welds to be smooth as well, so that they don't tug onto clothes or accidentally cut anyone who uses the trampoline. The springs on the trampoline should be padded to avoid injuries, while the pipe edges need to be smooth and sleek, as rusted edges tend to create injuries as well.
If you can, try going for a springless trampoline, as even padded trampoline springs can be dangerous. Reliable alternatives such as elastic materials and fabric straps, provide less bounce than springs but are much safer for you and your family in the long run.
Secure Your Trampoline
You can do this by purchasing a trampoline with an enclosure, to ensure that you prevent accidents associated with falling off the trampoline. If your trampoline of choice doesn’t come with an enclosure, you can always purchase it separately even though they don't come cheap, and have it installed to keep your family safe and secure.
That’s all that you need to know to get the right trampoline to suit your family's needs and preferences this summer and beyond. Remember to put safety first and get a trampoline that's built to last, with fail-safe and test-proven safety features that will protect your jumpers in case of a fall.
From the safety and quality features, to a detailed list of some of the best trampolines on the market, we've gone out of our way to provide you with solid advice that'll help you make the right purchase.